Thursday, April 8, 2010

This is a blog!

Hello Internet (or, realistically, my friends who I ask to read this). In an effort to keep myself writing regularly and kill time at my job, I've decided to start this blog. Rather than bore you with the details of my occasionally interesting life, I'm going to use this to review movies and comics, my two great/deeply nerdy passions in life. Movie-wise, I'll just be reviewing everything I watch, whether it's stuff I'm catching up with on Netflix, stuff I see in the theatres or old favorites I'm rewatching for the billionth time. The 3 reviews I've got backlogged since I decided to start this should give you a pretty good idea of the variety of stuff I'll be reading.

As far as comics go, since I read the same books every month and I'm trying to cut back on picking up new books (goddamn price hikes), I'll probably just talk about the few standouts every week and comics in general. Thrilling, right? Expect an entry on the comics I bought Wednesday sometime before next Wednesday.

I briefly considered reviewing TV shows as well, but it would be too much to keep up with on a weekly basis, and I doubt I could do better than the AV Club (check 'em out), so I'll probably just talk broadly about differnet shows as the mood strikes me. Expect a big ol' rant about Lost once it ends in May and my thoughts on Treme, the new HBO show from David Simon once it starts airing this Sunday. And a retroactive post at somepoint about how badass Justified is.

Like I said, this blog is mostly for my own enjoyment, but I hope whoever ends up reading it gets something out of it. Anyone who knows me knows my interest in all things computer related is minimal to say the least, so expect this blog to be as no frills as possible until some uncertain, possibly non-existant point in the future where I start to give a shit about that.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment